Instant Pot Shredded Pork Carnitas results in tender, seasoned carnitas perfect for burrito bowls, tacos, nachos, bbq sandwiches, etc. A quick and easy recipe for carnitas.
Happy Tuesday! Just in time for some tacos :)))) this really has to be one of the happiest days of the week!
If I haven’t said it enough yet, I’m a huge fan of the Instant Pot. It’s made my life so much easier, mostly because what used to take hours now takes minutes and is still as flavorful and delicious as ever.
I like to make big batches of shredded meats because it makes it easy to keep in the fridge and have on hand to make easy meals when I don’t totally feel like cooking. Shredded beef, shredded chicken, shredded pork, etc. perfect for tacos, burritos, nachos, burrito bowls, salads, sandwiches, etc. the list could go on and on!
This week I’ve been pretty wiped from the hectic weekend so this is the perfect thing to just set in the Instant Pot and forget about, then just about an hour later, I’ve got a great meal to eat and then leftovers for my work lunches!
So this is also a great way to meal prep.
There’s a lot of ways to use it too, like for:
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Carnitas Burrito Bowls
Pulled Pork Frittata
etc. the list could go on and on.
Go forth, make Instant Pot Shredded Pork Carnitas, and be happy :))
- 3 pds pork shoulder
- 1 white onion
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 limes
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp cumin
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- Cut the onion into slices. Zest the limes and then cut in half.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the meat setting then put in the pork shoulder. Add in the paprika, cumin and garlic powder. Add in the white onion, the chipotle peppers, juice and zest of limes, chicken stock.
- Set time for 55 minutes. Close lid (make sure it's sealed!)
- Once cooked, release pressure (you can do it manually or naturally, either is fine). Shred pork with two forks. If it's not shredding easily, cook it for another 20 minutes.
- (Optional) Once shredded, lay it on a baking sheet and broil on high for 5 minutes until the ends get crispy.
- Serve on tacos, burrito bowls, with bbq sauce on sandwiches, etc. Anywhere you would use shredded pork!