This recipe for low carb Keto Taquitos makes a delicious batch of taquitos with your favorite filling. Super quick to make, takes less than 20 minutes. Low Carb, keto friendly, gluten free
Another day, another new favorite recipe.
Truth be told I’m partial to anything that involves cheese and some sort of meat–in this case, carnitas, but these could be filled with anything you like. Might I suggest a few things: Ground Beef, Buffalo Chicken, Picadillo, Chile Verde Pork, Shredded Beef, etc.
I could seriously snack on these things all day. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, happy hour, midnight snack, etc. These are so tasty. I mean, it’s cheese, meat and your favorite toppings… how could they not be? But they’re seriously good.
Maybe I’ll spend the entire long weekend making them (and eating them) and being happy as can be.
Keto Taquitos Recipe Notes
The trick to making these as much like a “taquito” as possible is making sure they get a little crunchy. They’re good no matter what but they do feel more like you’re eating a taquito when you bite in and there’s that satisfying crunch. In order to do this, we cook the taquitos in a pan to crisp up after we cooked the shells in the oven. This step is optional but highly recommended.
Keto Taquitos Serving Suggestions
Serve with Traditional Guacamole or Bell Pepper Pico de Gallo. Also goes great with Cowboy Caviar on the side.
- Shredded Mexican Cheese Blendor shredded cheddar cheese, or round provolone circles
- Meat Filling of choice I used carnitas, other good options are ground beef, shredded chicken, shredded beef, etc.
- Toppings of choice: sour cream, pickled red onions, cilantro, hot sauce, salsa, guacamole, etc.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper so that it doesn't stick. Sprinkle shredded cheese in a thin layer on baking sheet into round circles, leaving a little room between each circle (they will spread when they melt).
- Put in the oven for 8-10 minutes until cheese has melted and started to get crispy.
- Heat whatever meat you are using and put in the cheese circles then roll up cheese.
- This step is optional but I think it's important for the crunchy taquito texture: Lightly grease a pan with oil or butter and then place taquitos in, cooking until slightly crispy on all sides.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
I'm not including measurements here because it's entirely up to you and however taquitos you want to make. For a frame of reference, I used about 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend and 1 1/2 cups meat to make six decent sized taquitos.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!