An easy to make low carb Buffalo Chicken Pizza on a keto friendly pizza crust. Perfect for game day or pizza night. Low carb, keto, gluten free
Pizza night is always one of my favorites.
Even though these days I am eating more keto or low carb pizza crusts then the regular alternative, that doesn’t stop me from having pizza every other week or two. In fact, sometimes I think I might prefer this crust over traditional. Who doesn’t like a little bit cheesier of a crust?
I make this Keto Pizza Crust all the time with all kinds of toppings but today we’re doing one of my favorites: Buffalo Chicken.
It’s no secret I love Buffalo Chicken (see here: Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Buffalo Chicken Empanadas, Buffalo Chicken Totchos, Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese, etc. the list could go on) and it’s a great way to add a ton of flavor to a pizza.
So next time you’re thinking about a pizza night with friends or by yourself with some Netflix, consider throwing this into the rotation. Slightly hot from the buffalo sauce but cheesy and totally satisfying.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe Notes
I make this pizza sauceless because I think the chicken is saucy enough. With that said, feel free to add your own sauce as you prefer.
I don’t add a lot of cheese on top of these pizzas because there’s already a lot of cheese in the dough but if you want to add more, go for it! I won’t fault you for using more cheese.
Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1½ cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1¼ cup almond flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 cups shredded chicken (this is a great time to use up leftover chicken or a rotisserie chicken)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/3 cup hot sauce of choice
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- Any other toppings of choice: green onion, carrot, celery, bleu cheese or goat cheese, ranch or bleu cheese dressing
To make pizza crust:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl. Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir. Put in the microwave for another minute, stir well. Add in almond flour and egg. Mix to combine well.
- The dough will be a little wet but if it is too wet that you can't get it to stop sticking to your fingers, then add a little more almond flour.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top and use a wine bottle into a pizza shape.
- Lay on a lightly greased pizza pan or on a silicone baking mat. Cook for 12 minutes.
To assemble the pizza:
- Mix shredded chicken with butter and hot sauce. Put chicken on top of pizza then top with cheddar cheese, red onion, bell pepper and any other toppings you might want. Put back in oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese has melted.
I did this pizza sauceless but you can always choose to add sauce if you like.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!