*This post is sponsored by Perfect Keto. As always, all opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting Mince Republic through the brands we enjoy!
When I first decided to try keto, I was eating crazy amounts of cheese and salami because I felt like there weren’t many other snack options.
Sometimes I would make grab and go options, like fat bombs, but that was more time consuming and depending on how busy I was, wasn’t always feasible.
This made it difficult when I just wanted something I could grab quickly and take on the go.
I’ve used other bars and while the taste is fine and they get the job done, they don’t necessarily have the best ingredients and sometimes they leave my stomach feeling a little uneasy.
Enter: Perfect Keto Bars.
These are the type of bars I’ve been looking for.
What are Perfect Keto Bars?
Perfect Keto Bars are the only low-carb protein bars on the market that are actually optimized for a healthy ketogenic diet.
Unlike other bars, you won’t find cheap fillers, artificial ingredients, or added sugars and sugar alcohols of any kind.
You also won’t see massive amounts of protein and a small amount of fat like your typical protein bars.
For those that find it interesting to know some of the science behind the bars, Perfect Keto spent one year going through 18 different iterations of these bars before they were perfect.
Dr. Anthony Gustin even went so far as to test the Perfect Keto Bar against 3 other popular low-carb protein bars to see how it affected his blood sugar. You can see what he discovered which is actually very interesting.
TLDR; Other bars spiked his glucose by 20-30 points!
Perfect Keto Bars increased his glucose by 3 units which is about as much as you would expect from standing up or sitting down.
I like these bars because I know they won’t increase my blood sugar and I know that they’re made with high-quality ingredients.
They’re super convenient to throw in my work bag, toss in a backpack or the car or even my hockey bag for those times when I’m hungry but don’t necessarily have time to grab something. They’re also perfect to throw in a snackle box!
Here’s a list of ingredients in Perfect Keto Bars (that you can actually pronounce!):
- Organic almond butter & almonds. Almonds are low in carbs and loaded with monounsaturated fats, fiber, vitamins, and minerals, which keeps me feeling full for longer and gives me a nice dose of micronutrients. And since Perfect Keto only uses organic almond butter and almonds, I don’t have to worry about nasty pesticide exposure that comes with other brands.
Grass-fed collagen. Collagen directly supports healthy skin, hair, nails, brain, joints, gut, heart, and eye health.
- Cacao butter. The cacao butter in this bar serves two purposes: it adds an extra layer of fats in the form of saturated fats, which can help reduce inflammation, and gives these bars a richer texture that feels more like a brownie than a bar.
- Organic cocoa. Cocoa is rich in polyphenols and antioxidants — which can help fight free radicals — and it’s beneficial for heart health. So while you’re technically eating cocoa, it’s nothing like the sugar-filled chocolate you’re used to since there’s added health benefits. So it’s better taste-wise and nutritionally.
- Organic coconut oil. As one of the best fats on keto, coconut oil is packed with medium-chain fatty acids that give your body the fuel it needs to power through any day and it helps support ketosis. It also has anticancer, antibacterial, and antiviral properties so you know it’s a staple in my house.
- Soluble tapioca fiber. It’s the cheap binders found in other bars, among many things, that have a tendency to kick you out of ketosis. That’s why Perfect Keto ditched those altogether and used soluble tapioca fiber, which keeps these bars keto-friendly.
Reasons I Love Perfect Keto Bars:
- No junk ingredients or cheap fillers. I can pronounce every ingredient in this bar and none of them are weird.
- No artificial sweeteners, added sugars or sugar alcohols.
- Soy, peanut, corn and dairy free
- Keto-optimized macros. Unlike many bars that are too high in protein or too low in fat, these bars have great keto macros: 19g fat, 10g protein and 3g net carbs
*Since there’s no carb-heavy syrups or hard to digest sweeteners, you’ll have no trouble staying in ketosis.
These have become a practical and easy solution for me to finally have a good snack bar on the go which has been surprisingly difficult to find since I’ve started keto. There’s no denying the convenience of having a bar to snack on so I’m glad to finally find something I can have and feel good about!
Try Perfect Keto Bars Yourself
If you’re in search of a high-quality keto bar, I’d recommend giving these a try! Perfect Keto has agreed to share an exclusive discount with Mince readers!
For the launch month of November: Get 25% off Perfect Keto Bars by using coupon code: KETOBARS25
If you’re reading this later and you’ve missed the launch month, you can always save 15% off Perfect Keto Bars by using coupon code: APERFECT15.
*They sold out of their first shipment in 20 hours so make sure to pick yours up asap to make sure you get some!