This post in sponsored by Cedar Bay Grilling. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Mince Republic. All opinions, as always, are 100% my own.
It’s Summer time and for me that means lots of seafood. There’s just something about the heat that makes me want lighter and fresh foods so a lot of times that means seafood!
I’m always trying to find new ways of eating familiar standbys so today I’m making salmon wontons! A fun mixture of a cream cheese wonton with salmon for a fun and tasty mouthful!
These are light enough to not weigh you down but still substantial and they’re great texturally as well with the creaminess of the salmon/cream cheese on the inside and then the crunchy exterior. Served with the tangy dipping sauce it’s a real treat for the taste buds.
I’m using Cedar Bay Grilling Company’s sugar and spice Cedar Planked Salmon because it’s easy to toss in the oven and have a great piece of fish ready since it’s pre-seasoned and already on a plank. You can learn more about Cedar Bay Grilling Company by checking them out on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or you can find them at Kroger, Publix, Hannaford, Safeway, Albertsons, Fred Meyer, Ralph’s, Giant, Giant Eagle, Stop n Shop and Roche Bros.
I think these make a great meal on their own, especially if you serve them with some cabbage and bell pepper with the sauce. If you’re looking to bulk up the meal, I think grilled asparagus or even some rice would go great with them. Serve with a nice glass of white wine and you’ve got yourself the perfect summer dinner.Print
Salmon and Cream Cheese Wontons Recipe for a quick and easy meal that is light but satisfying.
For the Wontons:
- 12 oz. wonton wrappers (should be in one package)
- 24 oz. salmon (I used Cedar Bay Cedar Planked Atlantic Salmon Sugar & Spice)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- avocado oil (for frying)
For the Sauce:
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayo
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- chives for topping
- 1 cup cabbage (chopped)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
For the wontons:
- Cook salmon in the oven according to package directions.
- In a bowl, add cream cheese, green onion, juice of lemon, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Mix well.
- Once cooked, add salmon to to the bowl and mix together. Be careful not to over mix, there should still be good sized chunks of salmon in the mix.
- Lay out wonton wrappers and put a spoonful of salmon mixture in the middle of each one, leaving a small gap around the edges.
- Whisk egg in a bowl and brush on edges of wonton wrappers. Top with another wonton wrapper and then pinch corners inwards to seal the edges together. Repeat with all the remaining wontons.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add avocado oil. Drop in wontons and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Take them out of the pan and immediately salt them to taste.
For the sauce:
- In a bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Serve wontons over a bed of cabbage and bell pepper with dipping sauce on the side.