Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas with Sour Cream Sauce recipe for the best sour cream enchiladas ever! These enchiladas are super flavorful with a bit of heat and a creamy sour cream sauce on top.
The Buffalo Chicken obsession still continues.
Here’s the thing. I’d like to make an argument that buffalo chicken is one of the most flavorful ways to make chicken. In fact, any hot sauce is a good way to make chicken. I just bought a six pack of different hot sauce flavors and it’s been fun trying all the different stuff.
The other day we wanted enchiladas but didn’t have the stuff to make them so I’ve been thinking about them since then. So obviously I had to make enchiladas. Typically I’m a beef enchilada girl but we didn’t have any so I decided to try something else.
I love Buffalo Chicken. I love Enchiladas. So putting the two together? Why not?
Let me just say this: I’m glad I did.
The chicken is super flavorful and the sauce on top lets it shine while adding a layer of creaminess that helps cool it down.
I would 1000000% recommend these, especially if you’re like me and love all things buffalo chicken and all things enchiladas.
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
- 4 cups shredded chicken I made mine in the Instant pot
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 6 to rtillas use low carb for keto
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped bell pepper for topping
- cilantro for topping
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tsp chile lime seasoning from trader joe's - or use this
- salt and pepper
- Mix together 1/4 cup chicken broth with shredded chicken. Add hot sauce (as much or as little as you want!)
Wet a paper towel and wring it out. Put tortillas on a plate and top with a wet paper towel. Microwave for 30 seconds.
In a sauce pan over medium low heat, add in remaining 1/4 cup chicken broth, whisk in sour cream and cream cheese until well combined and creating a sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste plus Chile lime seasoning. If it's too thick, add some more chicken broth to thin it out.
- Add chicken to tortillas and roll them up. Sit them on a baking sheet.
- Pour sour cream sauce on them, use a spoon to rub sauce on the sides.
- Top with Monterey jack, goat cheese and bell peppers (if using).
- Cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Top with chopped cilantro.
This recipe can easily make more, simply adjust the ingredients to make a bigger batch.
If you want to make this low carb / keto friendly, use a low carb tortilla such as these.
You can also omit bell peppers, if desired.