These Keto Hamburger Buns are easy-to-make, keto friendly and low-carb buns perfect for grilling burgers, making sliders or having sandwiches.
Summer is in full swing and I’m doing my best to enjoy it to the fullest!
Ever since Albus’ accident, things have been a little hectic to say the least, with all of the physical therapy, doctor’s visits, etc. but it finally feels like we’re coming into a new normal that I can live with. I hope that he continues to improve and so far it seems he has.
With Summer, I’m outside on the grill a lot (as I’m sure you’ve seen previously with some of my other recipes like Grilled Tri-tip with Avocado Chimichurri, Grilled Zucchini with Yogurt Herb Sauce, Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken, Grilled Caesar Salad). I love grilling food (and eating it) and what’s a more classic grilled food than a good old burger?
Definitely an ultimate summer time staple.
I eat a lot of lettuce wrapped burgers (as you can see here with my favorite no bun hamburger) but sometimes I still feel like I want something substantial. Because I eat a lot of low carb and keto friendly food, I decided I’d make a keto low carb hamburger bun to satisfy that craving sometimes.
I especially like this because it has cheese in it which adds another level of flavor and makes it extra tasty.
These keto hamburger buns are easy to make and can be pre-made and frozen if desired, then you just need to heat them up again.
You can use them for all sorts of things too, obviously, not just hamburger buns but also buns for breakfast sandwiches, pulled pork, sandwiches, etc. They’re a really great recipe to have in the arsenal.
I hope you’re enjoying your summer and all the good grilled food!Print
An easy to make, keto friendly and low carb hamburger or sandwich bun perfect for grilling burgers, making sliders or having sandwiches.
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella (shredded)
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- seasonings of choice
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put mozzarella and cream cheese in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for one minute. Stir well and then return to microwave for another minute. Stir well to combine.
- Add egg to bowl and mix until egg is well incorporated. Add in almond flour and baking powder and mix. The dough should be starting to form now. If it's too sticky to work with, you can add some more almond flour.
- Take the dough and cut into four pieces, forming balls to make hamburger bun shapes. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes until nicely browned.
- Once done, slice in half. You can toast them if desired. Fill with your favorite hamburger or sandwich toppings.
If you’re having trouble working with the dough, add more almond flour or try putting the dough in the freezer. It can also help to work with the dough in plastic wrap.
You can add seasoning to the buns if you like, some good options are garlic, herbs (rosemary, thyme, etc.) and sesame seeds.