Buffalo Chicken Pizza on a Pork Rind Crust is a keto friendly flavor bomb! Great ketogenic recipe for dinner or game day.
All aboard the Buffalo Chicken trainnnnn.
I’m still on it and don’t see an end anytime soon especially now that football is back and hockey is coming too.
I might not be the world’s biggest football fan but I am definitely the world’s biggest game day eats fan. Something it seems football and I can agree on.
I can’t believe it’s already Monday. It seems like this weekend flew by in a whirlwind ofrelaxing, sleeping, eating and marathon shopping at Ikea. I still don’t feel completely normal after my trip to China but I’m slowly getting back into the groove.
I also can’t believe that it’s already late September! This year really has just flown by, I feel like I’ve blinked and it’s almost gone. But coming up is some of the best times of the year with Halloween, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Christmas and New Years which means it’s time to start planning! And creating a bunch of really good food. Like Buffalo Chicken Pizza on Pork Rind Crust.
Let’s go eat some and talk about our holiday plans!
Obviously I made this pizza buffalo chicken but you could easily use this crust recipe for your own favorite toppings!
To mash pork rinds, place in a bag and use a rolling pin or wine bottle to crush into crumbs/dust/flour like texture.
If you don’t want to use parmesan in the crust, you can use another kind. Cheddar would be good.
If you want to make a bigger pizza, just double the crust size and cook slightly longer before adding toppings.
- For the Pork Rind Crust:
- 2 cups pork rinds mashed into crumbs*
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- For the Buffalo Chicken:
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1½ tbs butter, melted
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- For the caramelized onions:
- 1 cup thinly sliced white onion
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- For topping:
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- shredded carrots
- sliced green onions
- thinly sliced bell peppers
- Ranch or blue cheese for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together pork rinds, mozzarella, parmesan and eggs. Stir to combine well.
- Line a pizza pan or baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly oil. Shape pork rind crust down into a circle or shape of your choice. Make about ½" thick.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- For the onions, heat a pan over medium heat and add butter and oil. Once butter has melted, add onions and stir frequently. If onions start to brown too quickly, lower heat. Continuously stir until onions turn a deep brown about 20 minutes. This should be low and slow.
- In a bowl, mix together melted butter and buffalo sauce. Add in shredded chicken and stir to combine.
- Once the crust has cooked, top with caramelized onions, buffalo chicken, shredded carrots, mozzarella and thinly sliced bell pepper. Cook at 400 degrees for another 10 minutes until cheese has melted. Top with green onions.