This Grilled Caesar Salad features smoky grilled romaine, parmesan cheese and a creamy caesar dressing – an easy summer dinner recipe.
This might maybe possibly have something to do with the fact that this is the first Summer where I’m not afraid to turn on the grill. I know #foodbloggerfail ugh but for a while there I was just a little hesitant about this whole propane and fire thing. It’s embarrassing but I wanna be honest with you guys.
So in my newfound grill loving propane turning on spirit, I am grilling all of things all of the time this Summer and probably also into Fall and Winter. We’ll see.
In fact, lately I’ve prepared meals where I can just grill everything. In Southern California, it’s pretty hot a lot of the time so being able to get outside the house, enjoy some of the weather and not turn on the oven and make house even hotter is 100% blessing.
That’s why I’m grilling salad today.
If it sounds weird to you, I understand but let me be the first to squash your fears: grilled lettuce is delightful. It adds a nice char and some smoky flavor. I added some tomatoes and carrots and a creamy caesar dressing for a salad that is 🙂 🙂 🙂Print
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Caesar dressing of choice (or use the Caesar Dressing from Kale Caesar salad)
- optional: grilled lemons, cheese crisps
- Lightly oil lettuce.
- Place directly on grill and let sit for 3-5 minutes until grill marks appear. Flip and do the same on the other side.
- To make salad: lay out grilled lettuce (you can cut into pieces if you like but it looks great for presentation if you leave it whole), top with cherry tomatoes, sliced carrots and parmesan cheese. Drizzle over caesar dressing.