Jalapeno Popper recipe cooked on the grill for an easy grill appetizer recipe that is delicious, low carb and ketogenic.
Jalapeno poppers are like BBQ tradition. If you’re not making jalapeno poppers, are you really bbqing? Is it really game day? I’m not sure. I just know that jalapeno poppers are a great finger food, super easy to make and taste great on the grill.
Of course, you can make them in the oven as well but something about the grill just gives them that delightfully smoky flavor. Plus, what’s better than standing at the grill, cold drink in your hand, friends around you in the backyard, music playing in the background…. ahhh, the life.
I like to pre-make jalapeno poppers and even take them on picnics because they are the type of food that doesn’t necessarily have to be piping hot to be delicious. They are still good lukewarm.
If you’re a seasoned pro, you can definitely wrap these suckers in bacon or just top with some bacon bites, but this time, we’re just going with a good ol’ traditional cheese stuffed jalapeno.
- 6-8 jalapenos
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar
- optional: bacon bits or slices
- Slice jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove seeds if desired to make it less spicy.
- Smear cream cheese inside of jalapeno, top with cheddar.
- If using bacon, either wrap bacon slices around the jalapenos and use a toothpick to hold together or top with bacon bits.
- Add to a grill over medium-high heat and cook for 7 minutes until the bottom of the jalapeno has a nice char but isn't burnt. Move to the top rack and cook another 3-5 minutes until all the cheddar has melted and is just starting to brown.