These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with creamy Buffalo Chicken with a hint of heat then topped with a layer of melty cheese for an easy to make dinner recipe.
California is acting crazyyy.
The weather was finally cooling down, starting to feel like Fall and now I look at the weather and it says that it’s supposed to be on the 90’s on Thanksgiving.
Who ever heard of 90 degree weather on Thanksgiving? I guess my plans on sweater weather are out the window. Normally I like when the weather is warmer, especially if there is a pool involved but for some reason it just doesn’t feel like Thanksgiving when it’s really hot outside.
Anyway, I digress. I’m off to go camping tonight so maybe I’ll appreciate that warmer weather after all!
So on to the food… I love stuffed peppers. They’re super easy to make, taste delicious and the presentation is fun too. In my never ending crusade for putting Buffalo Chicken into everything, I’ve continued with these Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers.
Pro-tip: You could make these Buffalo Turkey Stuffed Peppers if you have a lot of leftover turkey after Thanksgiving next week. But you do you.
I’m gonna do me. Which apparently means Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers in 90 degree weather next week.
Have a great weekend!Print
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Buffalo Chicken (mix shredded chicken with 2 tbsp melted butter and as much hot sauce as desired, about 1/4-1/2 cup depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 tbsp cream cheese at room temp.
- 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 2–4 bell peppers (however many you want to serve)
- For topping: sour cream, avocado, green onions, cilantro, more hot sauce, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan over medium heat, add chopped onion and cook about three minutes. If using carrots, add to onion mixture and cook another three minutes otherwise just continue cooking onions for three minutes.
- Mix onion and carrots in with buffalo chicken and room temperature cream cheese until well combined.
- Cut the top off the bell peppers and clean out seeds if desired.
- Stuff with buffalo chicken mixture, leaving space at the top to top with cheese blend. Repeat with remaining peppers.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Top as desired.