This Creamy Cauliflower & Spinach recipe makes a great low carb side dish and is an easy side for Thanksgiving. Keto, gluten free, low carb
Sometimes I’m just looking for a side dish that’s quick, easy and comforting. Delicious always helps too of course.
I, like many, have been a big fan of the Cauliflower movement (as I like to call it) and so I have been eating quite a lot of Cauliflower.
Especially riced Cauliflower or Cauliflower crumbles which I tend to like a bit more than your standard cauliflower.
In any case, do things not always get better when they’re creamy and luscious? That’s definitely the case here.
I serve this a lot when it’s a little colder out because it’s so warm and comforting and it’s just that type of food that makes you feel like you’re getting a hug.
Maybe it’s weird to get a hug from your food. I wouldn’t know. I get hugs from my food all the time and love it. To each their own, as they say.
This would be a great dish to add to your Thanksgiving or Christmas menu, particularly if you follow a low carb or keto way of eating, but no matter how you’re eating really.
This is definitely going in the side dish rotation for me.
Creamy Cauliflower & Spinach
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1/2 cup chopped cooked bacon
- In a pan, add olive oil and yellow onion and garlic. Allow to cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to turn translucent but not burnt. Add in cauliflower crumbles, stir well and continue to cook until cauliflower has started to soften, about another 3-5 minutes.
- Add in cream cheese and stir until well combined and melty. Add in spinach and cook until it wilts. Add in bacon (if using).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!