These Buffalo Chicken Totchos are a healthier take on the old classic made with Cauliflower Tots or regular tots so you get the best of both worlds.
This is one of my favorite holidays of the year. Unfortunately we don’t get many Trick or Treaters but I still definitely have fun dressing up and seeing other people’s costumes at different parties or on Instagram. Thank gosh for social media.
This year our Harry Potter party is late due to some other engagements so I have Halloween to look forward to this weekend as well! Which is lucky because I’m still working on my costume.
I like just relaxing on Halloween and these Buffalo Chicken Totchos are just the ticket for a night like this. Turn on some candles, put on a scary movie or Halloweentown for the 800th time if you’re like me and eat some of these. Maybe drink a Pumpkin beer or two.
Sounds like a perfect evening to me.
Hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween!Print
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups mexican cheese blend or monterey jack
- 1/2 cup bleu cheese or feta crumbles (optional)
- for topping: green onions, avocado, sour cream, extra hot sauce, more cheese, ranch, bleu cheese dressing, etc.
- For Cauliflower Tots (If making, otherwise just use regular store bought tots)
- 1.5 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 egg, whisked
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- To Make Tots:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add riced cauliflower to a bowl and put in microwave for 5 minutes to dry out.
- Add egg and mix well, then add in shredded cheese and onion powder, garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Form into tots and put on greased baking sheet, silicone baking mat or lightly greased parchment paper.
- Cook in 400 degree oven for 20 minutes, then flip and cook another 15-20 minutes until tots are golden brown.
- To Assemble Totchos:
- In a cast iron skillet or baking dish, lightly spray bottom of dish with cooking spray (or rub butter or olive oil). Layer tots on the bottom of the dish.
- Melt butter in a bowl then mix with hot sauce. Coat chicken and mix well.
- Top tots with Buffalo Chicken, then top with cheese. Top with bell peppers and bleu cheese, if using.
- Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until cheese has melted. If you want, you can also put it under the broiler for 5-8 minutes to get the cheese golden brown.
- Top with your favorite toppings such as bleu cheese crumbles, sour cream, avocado, green onions, ranch, etc.