This easy to make Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Brown Butter and Fried Sage is a good low carb mashed potato recipe that makes it easy to get in your favorite comfort food and is also great for a keto thanksgiving.
I can’t believe next week is Thanksgiving! This year feels like it has gone by so quickly. But I’m loving the fact that the holidays are upon us. It’s such a nice time of year, homes are decorated and cozy, everyone’s feeling jolly and there’s lots of food to warm your soul.
I’m not hosting Thanksgiving this year but I am hosting Friendsgiving and one of the dishes I’ll be making is Mashed Cauliflower with Brown Butter and Fried Sage. It’s perfect for those doing low carb and I actually enjoy the flavor much like mashed potatoes. The brown butter and fried sage takes it to another level and is very good plus easy!
If you’re keto, this is a great recipe to not miss out!
Even if you’re having traditional mashed potatoes, this would still be a great addition to your holiday table too. If you get pre-riced cauliflower, it’s super simple and quick to put together!
- 4 cups cauliflower crumbles
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- optional 8 oz goat cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- sage leaves
- optional: herbs to mix in (rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- In a pot over medium heat, add 1 tbsp butter. Add in cauliflower crumbles and allow to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in cream cheese and sour cream, allow to melt.
- Give it a few good cracks of salt and pepper which will help cut the fat and add some much needed seasoning. If it’s bland, you need more salt!
- In a pan, melt remaining 1 tbsp butter over medium low heat. Once melted, add in sage leaves and lightly fry until butter has turned slightly brown but not burnt.
- Pour brown butter and sage leaves over the top of creamy cauliflower mash.