A how to guide on how to smoke St Louis Style Ribs for an easy and delicious meal. Can be made in the oven as well. Keto, low carb, paleo
Since I’ve gotten my Big Green Egg, I’ve been trying to smoke all kinds of things — and truthfully, what would a smoker be without trying my hand at a rack of ribs?
Typically I make my ribs in the Instant Pot (which some might call sacrilege) but here I’m embracing the smoker and doing a rack of ribs. These smoked St Louis Style ribs couldn’t be easier to make since there’s only a few steps to take before you end up with a delicious rack of ribs for your consumption.
Being able to cook or smoke meat like this has me excited about the possibilities and I’m excited to host a party where I can create a smoked meat platter for guests.
I’ve been having so much fun using the smoker and I’m excited that now I can add ribs to my arsenal!
If you don’t have a smoker (get one! 😉 ) but also, these could be made in the oven or on the grill as well. You could even add a tiny amount of liquid smoke if you wanted to add some of that smoke flavor without having to go out and get a smoker.
Either way, you’re in for a treat. Serve with your favorite BBQ sides (I like coleslaw, cornbread, pickles, etc.) and some extra BBQ sauce and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Easy Smoked St Louis Style Ribs
- 2 racks St Louis Style Ribs
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce of Choice I used Lillie’s Q Zero Sugar Carolina Sauce
- 2 tbsp rub of choice I used All You Can Spice Coffee BBQ
- 5 tbsp butter
- a spray bottle with apple cider vinegar
- Light fire in Big Green Egg (or other smokeand get the temp steady at 250 degrees. Add in plate setter and make sure temp stays steady.
- While the fire is getting ready, season the ribs on front and back well with your rub.
- Add ribs to the smoker.
- Periodically, spray ribs with apple cider vinegar to help keep moist.
- After three hours, take the ribs out and brush on the BBQ sauce. Top with chunks of butter then wrap tightly in foil.
- Put back on the egg for one more hour.
- Take ribs out, let rest for 10 minutes, then serve!
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!