Trader Joes Keto Shopping Guide | Check out my favorite keto and low carb friendly products from Trader Joes!
I see this question all the time. “What are some Keto staples I can get at ____ grocery store?” I shop at pretty much every store available out here and we’re lucky enough to have so many: Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Aldi, Costco, Albertsons, Stater Bros, Target, etc.
So I thought it might be helpful to do a series on some of my favorite keto and low carb items at the different grocery stores. Today I’m starting with Trader Joe’s.
I don’t do the majority of my shopping at Trader Joe’s but there are certain items I like to get there. They’ve got a lot of great stuff for keto.
Favorite Keto things to get at Trader Joes:
- Cheese – There are so many good ones to choose from! some of my favorites are the Asiago Cheese with Rosemary and Olive Oil, the Provolone Cheese circles to make Cheese Taco Shells and the different types of goat cheese. Can’t go wrong with the marinated mozzarella either! I like to load up on a few different types of cheese for snack boards.
- Cured Meats – This is definitely one of the best places at Trader Joe’s for those doing keto. I love to stock up on salami, pepperoni, chorizo, prosciutto, pancetta, etc. I think the prices are good and it’s really handy to have these meats on hand. I use them to make wraps, pizzas, flatbreads, calzones or just as a snack. They also have a lot of cured meat and cheese snack packs which are always nice to have on hand for when you’re on the go.
- Deli Meats – They have lots of different deli meats, just make sure to read the labels.
- Olives – Lots of different olives. They have individual packets of olives which are really convenient. I love putting these in my backpack or lunch bag for a quick snack. Especially great for keto travelers!
- Almond Flour – Almond Flour can be difficult to find, especially the super fine kind, and it’s often very expensive. While I wouldn’t call it cheap at Trader Joe’s, it certainly is cheaper than most grocery stores I’ve seen it at and I use it to make all kinds of things like Empanadas, Pizza Crusts, Calzones, 90 second bread, Pancakes, etc.
- Spices – Great selection of spices and they have the best prices (outside of buying in bulk) that I’ve seen in a store. They also have the coveted Everything but the Bagel seasoning and that everyone is raving about.
- Pre-made Guacamole – I don’t buy this often because I prefer to make it myself but I know a lot of people who love the convenience of this. I will say not having to worry about if an Avocado is ripe or going to go bad sounds nice and convenient!
- Pre-made food – I don’t recommend always eating already prepared food because there can be some not great stuff in it but there’s no denying the convenience especially when you just really need to have something asap. Look for things like the grilled chicken, pork belly, etc.
- Cauliflower Rice – They have this in both the vegetable section and in the freezer section. We load up on the Cauliflower rice in the freezer section and use it in a lot of different ways like Cauliflower Pizza Crust, Cauliflower “Tater” Tots and Cauliflower Mash.
- Sparkling Water – There’s no denying I’m on the sparkling water train and while I love La Croix, this is also a great option because it’s cheaper and they have good flavors too.
- Jicama Sticks – Occasionally I will get these and use them to make Jicama fries! They’re so convenient since they’re already chopped up.
- Sauces – Trader Joe’s has a lot of great sauces, salsas, etc. I always go and check out what they’re offering. Some of my favorites are the red and green salsas, Green Dragon sauce and the enchilada sauce (which is one of the best I’ve tried).
- Kale Chips
- Flackers – They don’t always have these but when they do, I’ll grab a couple packages. The ingredients aren’t necessarily what I would call totally keto but the carb count is good enough that I’ll occasionally have some.
- Chocolate – Trader Joe’s has a good selection of sugar free chocolates! Great if you can’t find another option like Lily’s. I use the chocolate to make Chocolate Mousse or Chocolate Lava Cake.
- Bacon Ends & Pieces – I like picking this up because it’s a bunch of random pieces of bacon you can add to different dishes.
- Smoked Salmon
- Frozen Proteins – The prices here are pretty good so sometimes I’ll pick something up depending on what I’m feeling like. I love the the langoustine tails and use them to make Langostino with Garlic Herb Butter (good over zucchini noodles!) or Shrimp and Langostino Lobster Ceviche. The Mahi Mahi burgers are good too with just 1g carb.
- Grass Fed Meats – They do offer grass fed meats, in both the refrigerated section and in the freezer so it’s worth grabbing these.
- Coconut Oil – Not only do they have Coconut Oil in a jar at a good price, they also have individual packets. These are very convenient if you’re traveling and you want to keep some on hand to add to your coffee or even to use on your skin!
- Nuts – They have an awesome selection of nuts with pretty much anything you can hope to find (and probably even more!)
- Nut Butters
- Stevia – If you want to use this for baking!
- Kerrygold Butter – I might be a bandwagoner but I definitely love this butter so it’s always nice to grab it at TJ’s!
- Ghee – good for cooking and also in Cold Brew!
- Cold Brew – They’re Cold Brew concentrate is pretty good and convenient to have pre-made and ready for you in the fridge.
- Avocado Oil – My favorite cooking oil!
- Oven Baked Cheese Bites – I love having these on hand for a convenient snack or to add to a cheese tray. I also love to crumble and sprinkle them on top Cauliflower Mac n Cheese.
This definitely isn’t an exhaustive list by any means and as Trader Joe’s frequently changes or gets new items, it’s worth scouring the isles and searching for new products but these are definitely some of my favorite keto items at Trader Joe’s and ones I will frequently get.
Do you have anything to add to the list? Anything you love for keto at Trader Joe’s?