It’s been almost a year in the house and though most rooms are starting to shape up, the office was sort of left to the wayside in the chaos of the rest of the renovations which is pretty sad.
This past weekend, we decided to finally start showing the room some love. Like many, I’ve been really into all the Edison light bulbs with the exposed filaments that I think are so pretty. Though most don’t offer a great source of light, I think they make a great statement piece so I wanted to add one to the office. I sort of had this vision of it being the “brain lightbulb” and when it was on, you would be able to have these great new ideas like the light just went on in your head. I’m kind of a nerd but it still seems like a nice idea for an office.
So Ikea has these NITTIO LED lightbulbs and SEKOND black and white cord that I used with an EKBY Valter Shelf Bracket to create this little light area. I put it right next to the door and love the way it turned out.
There is a printable supplies list and directions below.Print
Ikea Office Light Hack Prep time: 15 mins Total time: 15 mins Super simple and easy IKEA hanging light bulb DIY.
- 1 NITTIO LED bulb
- 1 SEKOND Cord (I used black)
- 1 EKBY Valter Bracket
- You can follow the directions that come with the bracket to hang it on the wall but basically, just drill the screws into the wall and hang your bracket.
- Wrap cord around bracket. I went through the hole. It’s sort of up to you what style you like.
- Once you figure out the length you like the for the cord, screw in the lightbulb.
- Turn on your switch and wha-la! All finished.