Review of the Luminoodle from Power Practical. The Luminoodle from Power Practical is a durable and versatile camping tool perfect for a camp kitchen and a multitude of other uses.
Disclaimer: A big thanks to Power Practical for sending me a Luminoodle to test out! As always, opinions of game changing light ropes are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support this blog!
First of all, let’s acknowledge how great of a name Luminoodle is. Luminoooooodle. Really rolls off the tongue.
The Luminoodle is a USB powered light rope that conveniently bends, folds and hangs wherever you’d like it to, lighting up the area. You can also put it in the included sack to make a lantern.
- USB powered
- use as a light rope or lantern
- 5 ft or 10 ft
- multiple hanging options
- 180 to 360 lumens
- These things are incredibly handy and I’ve found a multitude of uses for them. I keep one in my car just in case because you never know when you’re going to need a little extra light.
- I really liked having two Luminoodles. Not only does it help you cover more area with light, you can change the colors of the light ropes (if you get the color versions) which can be kinda fun too. I did this for my trailer shelves and loved the way it looked!
Uses I’ve found for the Luminoodle:
- wrapping it around my cooking station while camping especially if I’m cooking when the sun is going down or it’s dark
- wrapping it around the skottle when cooking
- putting on the table while camping to help lighten up the space, especially handy when eating dinner as the sun goes down and playing games
- hanging from trees while camping
- using it in the shelves of the galley in my teardrop
- putting it in the bag for a lantern in the tent
- putting it in the trunk of my car for an impromptu picnic
- using it to have a mini rave anywhere (I use the color luminoodle and have it flash)
- putting it in my bedroom around my bed when the city shut the lights off for the night
I keep the Luminoodles with me wherever I go because they’re so versatile and handy to have around. They can help light up wherever you go.
As someone who loves cooking while camping, these are a great tool to help light up my workspace and cook surfaces, especially because I don’t typically start cooking until the sun is setting or has already gone down. I’m a sucker for a sunset and don’t want to miss it!
The Luminoodle helps keep my spot lit up so that I can see what I’m doing and don’t accidentally cut my finger off. It is powered by a battery pack so you have to have it plugged in while using it but the battery packs really come in handy when camping because I can use them to charge my phone and GoPro. They also have an extra light on them for when you need a little something extra.
I think it’s a no brainer to grab one of these for your camp setup. I’ll always have one in my camp kitchen. They’re simple, durable, useful and they’ll light up your life – literally.