This warm Cheesy Chorizo Dip is creamy, cheesy and has tons of flavor. Ketogenic friendly recipe, perfect for game day!
Cheesy. Chorizo. Dip.
Three magical words, if you ask me.
This past weekend was so good. It was just the right amount of relaxing, getting things done, trying great food and having fun. Aren’t those weekends just the best?
One of the places we went was a new spot called Dough & Arrow in Santa Ana, CA where they serve cookie dough like ice cream. Like legit. They’ll serve it to you in a cup, in between two cookies, in a waffle cone… the choice is yours.
I also got Cold Brew with Sea Salt Cookie Cream. If you know me and I hope that you do, dear reader, then you know that I do not do cream in my coffee. I just don’t. But how could I turn down a shot at trying Sea Salt Cookie Cream? It was very good. I still like my black coffee but once in a blue moon, I could get down with that.
On Sunday I went to my first Ducks game of the season, well technically it’s still pre-season but hey, Ducks is Ducks and it was fun. We got to go in the suite which is always the best way to watch a game and really spoils you for when you have to go back in normal seats, ha ha!
But it got me excited for hockey season again. Most importantly, game day foods. I dunno about you but I get pretty excited about putting on a game and having a great spread to enjoy. I’m talking dips, finger foods, main course, beverages, accessory beverages, etc.
One of those foods obviously being this warm cheesy chorizo dip. I mean… it’s warm, cheesy and it’s got chorizo. Plus I snuck in some cauliflower crumbles in there so it’s practically a vegetable?! Okay maybe not but per usual I like to add a little somethin’ somethin’ so we can feel alright about our choices.
Hope your week is starting off good. If not, you have Cheesy Chorizo Dip to help!
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup white onion
- 1 lb chorizo (I used chicken)
- 3 tbs cream cheese
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups monterey jack
- ¾ cup sour cream
- (optional) for toppings: green onion, avocado, cilantro, guacamole, tomatoes
- In a cast iron or oven safe pan, cook chorizo breaking it up into pieces. Once cooked, place on a plate with a paper towel to drain some of the grease.
- In the same pan, add olive oil and cook onion. Stir frequently so it doesn't burn. Once it's starting to get soft and translucent, add in riced cauliflower, stir well.
- Melt in cream cheese and stir, letting it melt. Add in chorizo. Mix well until combined. Add in sour cream and combine.
- Once all combined, top with monterey jack cheese over the whole thing.
- Broil on high until cheese is bubbly and starting to brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite dippers: chips, bell peppers, carrots, etc.
If you don't have a cast iron pan, you can use another oven safe pan or you can cook all the ingredients, mix together and then put in an oven safe dish for baking.