Happy Monday! Let’s celebrate with these Potato Stacks with Avocado Sauce!
I know I used the word “celebrate” but what I really meant was “let’s try to a big happy bright spot at the end of a Monday and eat our feelings” since they tend to be rather draining and the only thing I can think to combat a rough day is a heaping dose of avo covered spuds. Or at least that’s one way. To each their own.
Speaking of Monday’s, I dunno who decided it was a good day to put leg on a Monday because it seems to me like that’s two pretty rough (read: emotionally and physically exhausting) days and mashing it all up into one rough day (okay it’s not really that) but basically Monday nights look a whole lot like me coming home super hungry (okay hangry) and standing in front of the fridge eating everything while dinner is cooking. Then dinner is done and I stuff my face with potato stacks since they are real food for the soul.
My soul really needs a good, satisfying meal on Monday’s. Unless it’s Labor Day in which case, my soul is perfectly content to lounge about, preferably near a pool with craft brew, guacamole, friends and puppies. More food would also be welcomed.
In any case, I’m not sure how I got on a tangent about Monday’s or the food necessary for enduring one, but let’s get back to the recipe. These potatoes are soft but with perfectly crispy edges and good in their own right but the avocado sets it over the top. I’ve got no problem admitting that I’m a sauce fiend (bc sauces are the best) but when it comes to potatoes, sometimes they can be a little bland to me so it’s all the toppings. Here that topping is deliciously creamy and beautiful avocado sauce with a hefty sprinkle of fresh parsley for good measure.
This would be a great appetizer or a great side dish. If you’re feeling particularly wild, you can even just eat it as a main course and call it a day. I would never judge you.
Here’s to spud filled Monday’s, soul food tangents and avocado on everything.Print
- 6 petite potatoes
- cooking spray
- 1 avocado
- 1 lemon (juice + zest)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup parsley or to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For the potatoes: Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut or use mandolin to thinly slice potatoes. Once potatoes are cut, arrange in stacks. (See notes)
- Spray with cooking spray or add some olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes or until desired level of crispy.
- For the sauce: add avocado, juice from 1 lemon, zest from 1 lemon, garlic, half the parsley and olive oil to food processor.
- Once potatoes have finished cooking, add avocado sauce on top and sprinkle with remaining parsley.
*I put the potato stacks in a muffin tin so that there were siders to hold up the stacks.