An easy and fancy recipe, this Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Cherry Peppers is sure to impress! An easy ketogenic, gluten free and low carb friendly appetizer.
I love having an easy but impressive go to appetizer so this prosciutto wrapped brie with cherry peppers recipe is one of my new favorites!
It makes a great first impression to welcome guests into your home with an appetizer and what’s more impressive than some prosciutto wrapped brie?
PS this also makes a great appetizer… for yourself… when you decide you just want to eat crackers and prosciutto wrapped brie for dinner. I don’t judge! We’ve all been there. And frankly, you could do a lot worse!
I made this in my smoker because I love the subtle smokiness that it adds to it but that’s definitely not necessary. You can make this in the oven and it’ll still be delicious, impressive and gone within minutes of you setting it down on the table!
I love the way the slight sweetness of the cherry peppers plays into this but it would be great with other flavor variations as well–think pepper jam? balsamic glaze? apricot jelly?
The choice is yours! But if you do try something fun, I’d love to hear the flavor combinations you came up with!
Prosciutto Wrapped Brie with Cherry Peppers
- 4-5 slices prosciutto
- 1 8 oz. wheel of brie
- 2 tbsp cherry peppers
- (optional) chives or other herb for topping
- Lay out your slices of prosciutto on a cutting board. Cut the rind off one side of the brie then put the brie on top of prosciutto (cut side up).
- Put cherry peppers on cut side then wrap prosciutto tightly around the brie.
- Roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes OR cook in the smoker at 225 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with chives (or herb of choice). Serve with crackers, baguette, flatbreads.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!