I love breakfast. It’s probably my favorite part of the day.
Except I also love sleeping in… which is definitely my favorite part of the day. Thus, Brunch: my favorite meal of the day.
Not only does it have all the breakfast delights of the morning–pancakes, eggs, bacon–but it adds some lunch items as well which is always nice. You can pretty much have whatever you want all at once. Plus I’m partial to any meal that includes coffee and Mimosas at the same time. Win-win.
- 3 small potatoes or 1 large potato
- ½ lb breakfast sausage
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup grated aged cheddar cheese (I used Kerrygold)
- 2 shallots
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Rub pie pan lightly with butter. Cut up potato into hash brown like strips or use a mandolin to make thin slices. Line pie pan with potato to cover the bottom of the pan. Put in oven for 20 minutes, until potato begins to cook through.
- Cut shallots, then add to a pan with sausage over medium-high heat.
- Whisk 6 eggs in bowl. When done, add cooked sausage and shallot mixture to eggs. Grate cheese, and add into bowl, along with the milk and chives.
- When potato crust has cooked for 20 minutes, take out and pour egg mixture on top.
- Put back in oven for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are set.