I love Summer! And even though I’m lucky enough to live in Southern California where it’s pretty much summer 9 months out of the year, the weather has been perfect lately so I just wanted to give it a shout out. It’s been all steady rays of sunshine with a slight breeze aka perfect aka I love it.
Also, the air conditioner in my car is broken so I’m all about breezes these days. #sweating
Anyway, what better way to celebrate Summer and sunshine then to go outside and grill. Everything. Meat, seafood, vegetables, fruit. Anything and everything. I’m only further motivated to do this by the fact that we just got a new grill that is shiny and beautiful and begging to leave those perfect little grill marks on everything.
Except, in this recipe, we’re actually not going to get those beautiful marks since we’re cooking on a plank, so we’ll have to save those for next time.
This salmon is delightfully citrusy, perfectly moist and a beautiful main course for a light summer dinner. One thing to keep in mind is prior to putting the plank on the grill, it needs to be soaked in water for about two hours, otherwise the wood will burnnnn and no one wants that. One of the benefits to cooking on a plank is the way it smells after. Mhmmmm.
This would be great with a chilled glass of white wine or even my Strawberry Cucumber Fusion Cocktail.
Hope you’re all having a great summer and getting plenty of time with the grill!
- 1-1.5 lb salmon (one large filet or multiple smaller)
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Soak plank for 2 hours.
- Zest and juice both lemon and orange.
- In a bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, orange juice, lemon zest, orange zest, dill, salt and pepper.
- Cover salmon filet with citrus herb mixture. Put salmon on cedar plank.
- Heat grill to Medium-High. Once hot, place plank with salmon on grill, close lid and let cook for about 20-30 minutes until fish is cooked through and flakes with a fork.