Lately, I’ve really been digging watermelon juice. Summer is hot (thanks capt’n obvi) and watermelon is so refreshing–all juicy with a slight sweetness–on a hot day, I just want to eat lots of it, preferably chilled in a bowl on a table next to me as I recline in a chair after time in the pool.
So, I was thinking about all of that refreshing sweetness and thought it would be great in a cocktail. Then I started thinking about refreshing cocktails, like Margaritas. And then… I started thinking about the two together.
Hence this week’s featured drink of the week: Watermelon Margarita–a sure fire way to pep you up, get you going, and make ya happy.
- 2 shots watermelon juice (1/2 baby seedless watermelon, blended)
- 2 shots lime juice
- 1 shot agave nectar
- 4 shots tequila
- optional: lime wedges for garnish
- Cut watermelon into cube size pieces, put in blender and blend until liquid.
- Put watermelon juice, lime juice, and agave in cocktail shaker. Shake it up.
- Add in tequila and ice. Shake it up again!
- Pour, sip and enjoy.
- *Garnish with lime wedges if desired.