Lately, I’ve really been digging watermelon juice. Summer is hot (thanks capt’n obvi) and watermelon is so refreshing–all juicy with a slight sweetness–on a hot day, I just want to eat lots of it, preferably chilled in a bowl on a table next to me as I recline in a chair after time in the pool.
So, I was thinking about all of that refreshing sweetness and thought it would be great in a cocktail. Then I started thinking about refreshing cocktails, like Margaritas. And then… I started thinking about the two together.
Hence this week’s featured drink of the week: Watermelon Margarita–a sure fire way to pep you up, get you going, and make ya happy.
- 2 shots watermelon juice (1/2 baby seedless watermelon, blended)
- 2 shots lime juice
- 1 shot agave nectar
- 4 shots tequila
- optional: lime wedges for garnish
- Cut watermelon into cube size pieces, put in blender and blend until liquid.
- Put watermelon juice, lime juice, and agave in cocktail shaker. Shake it up.
- Add in tequila and ice. Shake it up again!
- Pour, sip and enjoy.
- *Garnish with lime wedges if desired.
If you like, before pouring into glass, lightly wet the rim of the glass with water, then turn upside down and place in sugar or salt.
- Category: Cocktail