The best Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe! Perfect game day recipe, happy hour recipe or appetizer! Can make individual servings or a big bowl of Buffalo Chicken Dip for a crowd!
Still on a Buffalo Chicken kick. Sorry I’m not sorry.
I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I never ate much Buffalo Chicken before and now that I’ve realized how good it is, I feel like I have to make up for lost time. Maybe. Also I think it might be my favorite way to eat chicken currently sooo I’m just working on new ways to eat it all the time.
If you recall yesterday, I talked allllll about my love for dips. Here I am again, one day later, coming to tell you about another dip! But this Buffalo Chicken Dip is one of my favorites of all time. It’s cheesy, creamy, spicy, and dangerously delicious. Like, eat the whole bowl in one sitting then wish there was more dangerous. It’s really good.
It would be the best thing ever for game day. Just make a huge bowl of this Buffalo Chicken Dip, like a really big one and you will be so happy, I promise. Or make this for your next bbq, or movie night, or dinner, or happy hour, or whatever event you have that you can make this because it’s the best.
This weekend I have a hockey tournament in San Jose so in between games or after we hit the jacuzzi, I hope to make a big batch of this so we can chow.
It’s only 8 in the morning and this is sounding really good. I wish I had some of it for lunch.
Go make it and bring me some?
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4–1/2 cup hot sauce (more = spicier) (I used Franks)
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup cheese (I used a blend of Monterey Jack and Sharp Cheddar)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp thinly sliced bell pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped green onions
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the greek yogurt or sour cream, butter, hot sauce, paprika, onion powder and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Once combined, add chicken and mix again. Add in cheese and mix.
- Put mixture in two ramekins and bake for about 7-10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Take out of oven and garnish with thinly sliced bell pepper and green onions.
- Serve with chips, crackers, bread, celery, carrot sticks, etc.
This dish can easily be made bigger for a crowd. If you want to make a bigger version, I would suggest doubling or tripling the recipe and putting it in a cast iron skillet and slightly increasing the cooking time.
If you’re doing keto or low carb, swap the yogurt and use sour cream.