Happy Monday. Hopefully it’s happy! Monday’s for me are usually hit or miss, sometimes I’m really sad that the weekend is over and I get a case of the Monday blues, other times I’m happy that I just had such a great weekend and I’m just feeling excited about the week ahead.
Lately, every week has been so busy, it feels like time just flies by so I know that even though today is Monday, I’ll blink and it will be Friday before I know it.
I’ve been on a Buffalo Chicken kick lately. Buffalo Chicken Casserole, Buffalo Chicken Pizza and now Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls. Can’t stop and I don’t wanna. There’s something really good about the heat from the buffalo sauce mixed with some vegetables and then dipped in a cool yogurt dipping sauce. Plus the crunch of these egg rolls just adds to the overall goodness. Crispiness is a necessity.
These are lighter than typical Egg Rolls because they are baked and not fried but they’re still crispy (see above: crispiness is a necessity) so it doesn’t feel like you’re missing out on anything.
Hope everyone has a good Monday!
- 2 Cups Shredded Chicken
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 3 tbsp chicken broth
- ½ cup chopped bell peppers (red, orange, or yellow)
- ¼ cup chopped carrots
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 egg
- For sauce: 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- 1 tsp paprika
- cooking spray or oil
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add chicken broth and hot sauce, stir to combine. Add chicken and mix together, coating in sauce. If you like spicy, add more hot sauce. Add in chopped bell peppers and carrots. Mix to combine.
- Whisk egg in a bowl.
- Lay out egg roll wrapper, add about 2 tbsp chicken mixture onto one side of egg roll, tuck in sides, and roll. Add egg to edges and end seam to help close it. Continue with all eggrolls.
- Add egg rolls to lightly greased baking sheet or on wire rack. Brush with egg wash on top, then coat with cooking spray or lightly with oil.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turn once, then bake 5-10 minutes more or until desired level of crispiness.
- To make Greek Yogurt dipping sauce, mix all sauce ingredients.