Some days, you wanna be a little fancy. You want to impress someone, you had a hard day and wanna treat yourself or it’s date night and your turn to cook.
But sometimes on these days, you also don’t want to sit at a stove for three hours or babysit the oven. Some days, you need something quick, easy and delicious that gives the impression that it took a lot of ingenuity and prep but really took about 15 minutes. That’s what I’m here to bring you today.
Honestly, I had one of these days the other day. I wanted something good, something beautiful, filling and nourishing but I was feelin’ kinda lazy and mostly wanted to relax after a looooong day.
That’s why instead of whipping up our own basil pesto recipe, we’re using store bought. Wanna use your own? By all means, go ahead! I fully support you.
If, however, you are like me and are tired and kinda ovs it, go ahead and grab a nice jar of basil pesto from your local grocery store (preferably one that doesn’t have a lot of added crap in it — let’s still remember good health!) and that will do us very well, thank you very much. Then we will add garlic butter langostino tails, pasta and kale. It will be delicious.
I’ve talked about this before but Trader Joe’s has Langostino, which I’ve used in other recipes like Langostino with Garlic Herb Butter and Langostino Jicama Tostadas, so I’m using it again here. If you don’t wanna go to Trader Joe’s or there isn’t one near you, use Shrimp instead! Or chicken. I’m trying to make your life easier!
Speaking of easier, I might have to make this for dinner tonight because we all know I’m not going to have a lot of time given that it’s game one of round two of the Stanley Cup playoffs! If you don’t care about hockey, then I’m sorry and just skip this little paragraph. The Ducks play the Oilers and who knows how it will go but of course I’m so nervous and maybe I won’t even be able to eat dinner.
But you can. And should. So eat this Langostino and Kale Pasta with Basil Pesto! It will serve you right.
- 1 pd Whole Wheat Spaghetti Noodles
- 8 oz Langostino Tails (or ½ pd other protein of choice, Shrimp, Chicken, etc.), defrosted*
- 3 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- ¾ cup Basil Pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add salt. Once boiling, add pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a pan over medium heat. Add kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Add butter to a pan over medium heat. Let butter melt, then add 1 tbsp minced garlic. Give it a gentle stir. Add langostino tails, parsley and juice of 1 lemon. Cook until langostinos have heated up, about 2 minutes.
- Once pasta is done, drain and mix with ¾ cup of Basil Pesto. Add in cooked kale and mix. Top with cooked langostino tails.