I’m a little picky when it comes to dessert.
Sometimes. Kinda. Mainly just because I love savory food so much I get too full before enjoying a good dessert.
Except sometimes I get a tap on the shoulder from my sweet tooth and then I will please have two brownies, salted caramel anything, chocolate chip cookies (with or without the chocolate chips), cake without too much frosting between layers, ice cream cookie sandwiches, etc.
So maybe I’m not that picky after all.
In any case, I try to be pretty intentional with what I put into my body, meaning there is a time and a place for baked treats with cups and cups of sugar and that time is not as often as one would like so one (meaning me) must find healthier alternatives to satisfy said sweet tooth.
Fruit. Mother nature’s most wonderful sweet creation. Juicy, sweet and caramelize-y when grilled. I realize caramelize-y isn’t a word but let’s just all go with it on this grilled fruit loving train.
I’m a big fan of pineapple and the only thing that makes pineapple better is to get a bunch of those cute lil grill marks and then top it with a honey greek yogurt sauce and fresh mint sprigs from my garden.
That’s taking pineapple to another level. A delicious, treat yourself more than occasionally because it’s relatively healthy-isn level that I’m all about.
On your marks, get set, grill. And eat dessert!
- 1 pineapple, cut into rounds
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, more if desired
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- Heat up grill or grill pan, lightly oiling. Put on pineapple slices and cook about 2-3 minutes until grill marks start to appear. Flip and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon.
- To serve, stack two pieces of pineapple (or more if you prefer), on top of each other, then put a nice big dollar of greek yogurt on top. If desired, sprinkle additional cinnamon on top. Top with mint sprigs.