I like lobster. But if we’re keepin’ it real, which I like to do, I’m not really living on a lobster style budget so it’s more of an occasional treat. I first came across Langostino in a taco and was immediately intrigued because even though it wasn’t actually lobster, it’s a squat lobster, which seemed perfect for my, errr.. squat budget.
I recently found these Langostino tails at Trader Joe’s and knew I had to try them. Instead of trying to go overboard and do too much, I tried to keep it really simple to let the Langostino shine through and just did a simple sauce with garlic and herbs. It’s delicious over rice or pasta.
I like to call this meal Ballin’ on a budget. Cheers to that! And to this delicious Langostino.Print
- 1 pd frozen langostino tails
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp minced parsley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Defrost frozen langostino tails.
- Once defrosted, heat olive oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and add Langostino. Add butter and cook for 2-3 minutes then add parsley, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste. Once Langostino is cooked/heat through, pull off heat and serve.
- *Note: Would be awesome on top of pasta, rice or in tacos.