Who doesn’t like a good steak? Well vegetarians and vegans. Okay, sorry.
I am not vegetarian or vegan (but props to you if you are!) and I like steak. There’s just something about “throwin’ steaks on the grill” that is such a treat and delicious as well! This herb butter just sets it over the top.
I always thought herb butters on steaks were kinda like, what? Who needs it? But then I tried it and the answer is me. and you. We need it. Because it takes something great and makes it even better!
Also compound butters can be used on pretty much anything, think vegetables, proteins, bread, etc. So definitely worth trying.
Thursday is an interesting day. It’s not the weekend yet, there’s still a day left of work but it somehow sort of feels weekendish. It’s kind of a tease, really. But I still like it alright. But tomorrow I’ll be even happier because then the weekend begins :)))
I’m a weekend warrior for sure. I love the weekend. Maybe I just love the weekend state of mind.
Ok back on topic. Grilled Ribeye. Garlic and Herb Compound Butter. A match made in heaven. This would make a great weekend meal. Do yourself a favor and make these this weekend and treat yoselfffff because you deserve it!
- 2 Rib Eye Steaks (about ½ pd each)
- steak rub of choice
- 3 tbsp unsalted softened butter
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix together softened butter with rosemary, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Place on parchment paper or plastic wrap, then roll butter into a log shape tucking into the sides.
- Put in fridge for 2 hours until hard or if you want to do it quickly, just put it in the freezer for ten minutes or so.
- Take steaks out of fridge about 30 minutes prior to cooking. Rub on all sides with steak rub of choice (as much or as little as you want).
- Grill steaks on high for about 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium rare).Let steaks rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting to help redistribute juices.
- Take out butter from fridge or freezer, slice into rounds. Top each steak with a round of the compound butter and serve.