A recipe for how to make Mexican Shredded Beef in the Instant Pot. Similar to Shredded Beef in the slow cooker or Crockpot but this Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef is a much faster dinner option!
Ok pause. Before we start talking about delicious Shredded Beef I need to take one second to say omgomgomg I am so nervous. Tonight the Ducks play in Game 7 of Round 2 of the Stanley Cup playoffs. Winner takes the series! Of course, it’s worth noting the Ducks have lost in the playoffs the last four years all in game seven. Like it’s a thing. A real big thing. So obviously with that in my head I’m a little nervous but just trying to stay positive and you know, not have a heart attack.
Back to the Shredded Beef.
I’ve said this before but the Instant Pot is seriously a game changer. It’s taken all of these things that traditionally take forevs to make and made them totally accessible even on a weeknight. It’s just the best.
So I pretty much use my Instant Pot all the time. My favorite thing to use it for is shredded meat. It’s super convenient because we have friends over all the time and of course I want to feed them something delicious but I also don’t want to spend all my time in the kitchen so I just put a thing of meat in the Instant Pot, throw in some spices and liquid, set it and we’re off! It’s the ultimate party companion.
One of my favorite things to make is Shredded Beef. I’m allllllll about it. I like it in Tacos, Burritos, on Nachos, with Eggs for Breakfast, etc. I’m a big fan.
So of course I love to use my Instant Pot to make Shredded Beef. Just throw in some seasonings (I use my Homemade Taco Seasoning) and you’re well on your way.
This would be the perfect meal to have, if say, you’re too busy standing in front of the TV yelling at the Ducks game to sit at the stove and cook dinner. Or really any other time.Print
Instant Pot Mexican Shredded Beef
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 55 mins
- Yield: 6-8 1x
How to Make Mexican Shredded Beef in the Instant Pot.
- 2.5 pd beef chuck shoulder
- 1 1/2 tbs Taco seasoning
- 2 Chipotle peppers in Adobo
- 1/2 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup beef broth OR favorite Mexican beer
- 2 limes
- Put the beef shoulder in the Instant Pot, rub with Taco Seasoning and then add the Chipotle Peppers and the roughly chopped yellow onion. Pour in the beef broth or Mexican beer. Squeeze juice of limes over meat then throw in limes.
- Close the lid. Set Instant Pot to “Meat” setting and press the + button to add more time, set to 50 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot has come to pressure and then cooked for the 50 minutes, let it manually release pressure.
- Once pressure has released, open Instant Pot and using two forks, shred Beef.
Leave a Reply