This Keto Pizza Crust is a ketogenic friendly low carb pizza dough made with almond flour and no yeast.
I’m pumped for a great weekend.
But before that, I want to say thank you. I was really touched by the sweet comments and messages I received from my last post, A Yes Moment with My Mom. I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you and from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate it.
So happy Friday! And a happy one it is. This weekend is the annual Give Blood Play Hockey tournament and I can’t wait. It’s for a great cause and who doesn’t love to help a great charity while doing something they love?
I’m looking forward to it.
I’m also looking forward to PIZZA.
Because who doesn’t look forward to pizza?
As I may have mentioned, lately I’ve been really into trying to make low carb recipes. I definitely wouldn’t say I follow a ketogenic diet 100% but right now I’m having fun cooking keto recipes and eating more low carb and high fat.
Of course, to each their own and you should eat however makes you happiest! But still try this pizza because it’s absolutely delicious.
The crust is made of almond flour and cheese for the ultimate cheesy explosion. For a non-traditional pizza crust, this is the most similar to traditional that I’ve ever made or eaten. You can hold it in your hand and it stands up just great to toppings!
For those that do follow keto/ketogenic or low carb high fat lifestyles, I’ve got a treat for you! This is really similar to the standard fat head crust but slightly modified because I found fat head dough to be hard to work with.
If the dough feels too sticky to work with, add some more almond flour. This makes it easier to work with.
One important note is to make sure you’re using almond flour and not almond meal. (In the pictures, I used a combination of both but this definitely works better with almond flour).Print
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- favorite pizza toppings (pictured: pepperoni, cheese, caramelized onions, olives, garlic, basil)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add mozzarella and cream cheese to a bowl. Put in the microwave for one minute, take out and stir. Put in the microwave for another minute, stir well. Add in almond flour and egg. Mix to combine well.
- The dough will be a little wet but if it is too wet that you can’t get it to stop sticking to your fingers, then add a little more almond flour.
- Roll the dough flat with a rolling pin or with a piece of plastic wrap on top and use a wine bottle into a pizza shape.
- Lay on a lightly greased pizza pan or on a silicone baking mat.
- Cook for 12 minutes.
- Top with favorite pizza toppings. Put back in the oven for 5-7 minutes until cheese has melted.
inspired by Fat Head pizza dough