These Buffalo Chicken Tacos are made with flavorful Buffalo Chicken in a crispy Cheese Taco Shell and topped with your favorite toppings. Low carb, keto friendly, great game day or twist on Taco Tuesday.
Welp, the Buffalo Chicken obsession continues.
Lately the only chicken that’s sounded really good to me is Buffalo Chicken. It’s flavorful, hot but not too hot and it keeps the chicken juicy. So I’ve pretty much been putting it on everything and just gettin’ dowwwwnnnn with my Buffalo Chicken.
Ever since I came up with this recipe for Cheese Taco Shells, we’ve been eating them once a week. We eat them with all different kinds of fillings, shredded beef, carnitas, ground beef and this week, Buffalo Chicken 🙂
It’s the bomb.
I’m not sure why I never thought about putting Buffalo Chicken in a taco before but I am so glad I did. The cheese taco shell / buffalo chicken combo works great.
I make my Buffalo Chicken in the Instant Pot because it’s quick and easy but you could really do this whatever way you want–bake, boil, shred a rotisserie chicken, etc-and then get on with your bad self.
This seems like a great way to put a lil pep back in your step this Monday or if you can wait, have it for Taco Tuesday tomorrow!
I made my Buffalo Chicken in an Instant Pot because it’s easy and quick but you could definitely make this a couple of ways depending on whatever is easiest for you.
Bake chicken breasts, shred, add butter and hot sauce.
Boil chicken breasts, shred, add butter and hot sauce.
This meal could come together really quickly if you got a rotisserie chicken and just shredded the chicken, added it to the sauce and then put it in the taco shells.
If you like it hotter, by all means make it hotter. Add more hot sauce to the butter. I’ve noticed that Frank’s is hotter than Cholula (at least in my opinion) so my measurements often depend on what hot sauce I’m using.
Do your thingggg with the toppings. I like sour cream and avocado because it adds a refreshingly cool component but there are plenty of other things that would be great too… crispy onions, pickled red onions, greek yogurt, guacamole, etc.
- Cheese Taco Shells
- 2-4 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 3 tbsp butter
- ¼-1/2 cup hot sauce (I used Cholula), more or less to taste
- Toppings of choice: feta, bleu cheese, sour cream, greek yogurt, ranch, green onions, pickled red onions, pickled radishes, lettuce, tomatoes, bell pepper pico de gallo, guacamole, avocado, cilantro
- Make a batch of Cheese Taco Shells.
- Melt butter in the microwave and then mix with hot sauce. Pour over shredded chicken. Warm chicken in pan on stove or in the microwave.
- Put Buffalo Chicken in Cheese Taco Shells and top with your favorite toppings. I chose feta, green onions, sour cream and avocado. It was delicious! Feel free to mix it up.