I’m always on the lookout for quick weeknight dinners. There’s nothing worse than when you’re tired after a long day, already hungry and you can’t think of anything to make that doesn’t take five pans and an hour to cook. Luckily for all of us, there is Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Thighs for those nights when you need something good but don’t have a lot of time to deal.
Another added benefit is that this is pretty much hands off, cooks in about twenty minutes and is definitely delicious. It’s also healthy which is always good in my book. The chicken is lemony, moist and you can cut it with a fork.
This chicken thigh recipe pretty much has Monday night written all over it. Especially if you, like me, have other things on your mind this Monday such as Better Call Saul returning to television.
Does anyone else watch Better Call Saul? I got into it after Breaking Bad and I gotta admit it’s a little slower than I’d prefer but I keep thinking something will come up to make it worth it or to make it more exciting. I guess we’ll find out tonight when season 3 starts! I’ll be the one eating lemon chicken!
- 1.5 pd boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- s&p to taste
- On the Instant Pot, press the saute button. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Once the Instant Pot has gotten hot, add the butter and let it melt, then add the chicken. Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Once browned, cut lemon in half and squeeze juice onto chicken then throw in the two lemon halves. Add the chicken broth, garlic and chopped rosemary.
- Press cancel on the Instant Pot, then select the Poultry button. It should say 15 minutes. Let it come to pressure and cook for the 15 minutes.
- Once done, let it release pressure by itself for about 3-5 minutes then you can manually release it the rest of the way.