This Parmesan Crusted Chicken with Cream Sauce recipe makes a lovely date night dinner idea or ketogenic diet recipe. It’s flavorful, quick and easy to make with a deliciously lemon cream sauce and sundried tomatoes.
I can’t believe Thanksgiving is tomorrow! Yay. I’m so excited to see my family, eat some good food and enjoy some time off work. Even though I’ve been sick with a terrible cold and feeling pretty miserable, nothing is gonna keep me down. Plus we’re hosting a Friendsgiving this weekend so I really gotta kick my butt into gear.
I just accidentally wrote “butt” as “butter” in that sentence. I changed it but I just want you to know where my heads at. It’s all about the food.
So let’s get on with it. This chicken recipe is kind of similar to the Parmesan and Pork Rind Crusted Pork Chops I made a while ago and because that’s one of my favorite recipes of all time, you can bet this has become one of my new favorites too.
After I made it, I was told it needed to go into the regular rotation which is always good praise to get. It really is good. Creamy lemon sauce with parmesan crusted chicken and a hint of sweetness from sundried tomatoes and you’re in business. This would be a good meal for a date night and is low carb and ketogenic friendly to boot.
I like that the chicken isn’t boring at all, it’s bursting with different flavors and good texture.
Suggested Meal Pairings:
This would be really great with most vegetables. My favorite thing to do is add veggies and cover them in the sauce too. Some favorites include brussels sprouts, broccoli and asparagus. This would also go great with sauteed spinach, zucchini noodles or regular noodles if you’re not low carb, keto or paleo. Another option is cauliflower mash or mashed potatoes.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp butter
- ½ - 1 tbsp minced garlic (depending on preference)
- Slice chicken breasts in half lengthwise.
- In a bowl, whisk egg. Place about 1 cup of the shredded parmesan on cutting board or plate, smooth out into a thin layer.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg then cover in parmesan on both sides. They don't need to be fully covered, just make sure there's some parmesan on the sides.
- In a pan over medium high heat, add 1 tbsp butter and allow to melt. Add chicken to the pan (do it in batches if your pan isn't big enough for all of the pieces). Cook for 5 minutes until it's starting to get golden brown. Flip and then cook on the other side for another 5-7 minutes until the side is golden brown and chicken is cooked through (this will vary slightly depending on the thickness of your chicken).
- Take chicken out of pan and set aside. In the same pan used to cook the chicken (don't clean it), add chicken stock and scrape any bits off the pan. Add in heavy cream and butter. Whisk in until well incorporated. Add in remaining ½ cup parmesan cheese. Whisk quickly until well incorporated.
- Add lemon juice to the pan then add in sundried tomatoes. Add chicken back to the pan and let simmer for 2 minutes, using a spoon to spoon sauce over chicken breasts. Plate and eat immediately.