I’ve got Cinco de Mayo on my mind!
It’s one of my favorite holidays, even if some people don’t consider it a holiday? But I’m always really partial to a day where Margaritas are highly encouraged and tacos are frequently served. So this week I’m going to be putting up a few recipes for you to have your own ultimate fiesta this weekend, complete with Ceviche Tostadas with Creamy Guacamole.
I said this last time I made Ceviche for the blog (which was Langostino and Shrimp Ceviche and you should totally try it!) but Ceviche was always one of those things that I was really hesitant to try making at home. I just thought that it would be involved and kind of difficult and now looking back I realize how silly I was because it really couldn’t be much easier to make.
There’s something about a good ceviche, some crispy chips and guacamole that is just perfect. Especially for Summer! For all of you who are still having snow (!!) I am so sorry. We are currently enjoying temps of 85 degrees plus out here in California so it’s been all shorts, cold drinks and sunshine.
These Ceviche Tostadas with Creamy Guacamole are perfect for a light summer lunch or dinner or even a snack!Print
Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas with Creamy Guacamole recipe. Quick, healthy and easy to make!
- 1 lb raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- corn tortillas
- Avocado, vegetable or olive oil
- (optional) pickled red onions, green onions
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add shrimp and allow to cook for two minutes. The shrimp should turn pink. Drain shrimp and rinse under cool water.
- In a bowl, add shrimp, bell pepper and red onion. Cover with juice from 1 1/2 limes (save the last 1/2 lime), lemon zest and juice and 3 tbsp olive oil. Add in Cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika, salt pepper. Stir. Let sit for at least thirty minutes.
- To make creamy guac, add Avocado to a bowl and mash. Add Greek Yogurt and remaining juice of 1/2 lime, then mix together. Add salt to taste. (Avocado is pretty plain and absorbs flavors well so make sure you salt pretty heavily to get the best flavor).
- In a pan over medium heat, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add tortillas one at a time, cooking until crispy about three minutes per side.
- Top each crispy tortilla with ceviche, creamy guacamole, green onions and pickled red onions.