This is a really easy Keto Granola recipe made low carb with good nuts and seeds. It’s crunchy, slightly sweet and the perfect low carb and keto diet snack!
I’ll be honest and say I’ve never been much for granola. I mean, granola bars back in the day, sure, I’d occasionally munch on one.
But in general, granola is not something I typically turn too. Probably goes back to the whole savory/sweet thing. If I’m gonna have a snack, I typically want that snack to be salty. Or cheese. Ya I’ll never turn down some cheese.
In any case, it is nice to have options and this granola is actually a BIG HIT in our house. I don’t eat it as much as everyone else but I still munch on it and to be honest it is really good.
It’s really nutty and seedy and has great texture. I’ll take it as a snack or just toss it in my backpack or my work lunch in case I need a little pick me up. Because it’s my primarily nuts, it’s filling which is great too.
As for the nuts, we have:
We usually buy nuts in a bulk mix from Costco but feel free to change things up here and whatever kind of nuts you like most. This recipe would be easily interchangeable for whatever sounds good or you have on hand.
This is a really easy Keto Granola recipe made low carb with good nuts and seeds. It's crunchy, slightly sweet and the perfect low carb and keto diet snack!
- 3 cups mixed nuts I used cashews, almonds, pecans, pistachios
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar free maple syrup If you aren't keto or low carb, you can use regular maple syrup
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put all nuts in a food processor and pulse a couple times. You want them to crunch up but not turn into dust so don't overdo it.
- In a bowl, add egg whites and whip until they form peaks and have turned into a sort of foam.
- After you chop nuts and whip egg whites, add the nuts to the bowl of egg whites along with the flaxseed meal, coconut oil, hemp seed and sugar free maple syrup.
- If using, add 1-2 tbsp of stevia (powder) and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Remove parchment paper from sheet pan and cool on rack or let cool on pan.
- Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Did you make this recipe?
I love seeing your pictures!