This Cauliflower Mac n Cheese recipe makes a plate full of cheesy, creamy and delicious keto and low carb Mac n cheese.
I’ve been thinking and with the options I’ve offered, like Green Chile & Bacon Mac n Cheese, Buffalo Chicken Mac n Cheese and Pimento Mac n Cheese with Bacon, it seems silly that I don’t just have a standard Cauliflower Mac n Cheese recipe that you can use as is or as the base for whatever your favorite add ins are!
So today I’m going to rectify that and here it is: Cauliflower Mac n Cheese, an easy low carb and keto macaroni and cheese recipe that is sure to satisfy you with all of it’s cheesy goodness.
I’m really in love with this recipe and I’ve served it to people who were hesitant but who all agreed that it was definitely delicious and that they didn’t need the noodles. So it’s a great idea if you’re trying to cut down the carbs or just get some more vegetables in your day.
I love serving this on the side of some Ribs or Tr-Tip or even just as a comforting meal when you need a little hug in a bowl. My mom used to make me Mac n Cheese as a kid when I was feeling blue or it was cold outside or I was stick so I always equate this meal as comfort and warm, for your body and a little for your soul too.
If you’re in need of a little soul warming food, or maybe just a delicious side dish, then you definitely want to add this to the repertoire.
A cheesy and creamy keto and low carb cauliflower Mac n cheese.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (cut into small pieces)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheese whisps ((for topping, optional))
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Once boiling, add cauliflower florets and cook for 3-5 minutes (don’t overcook or they get mushy).
- Drain the cauliflower then return to pot. Add in heavy cream and cream cheese. Stir. Add in shredded cheddar cheese and continue stirring until melted and well incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- If using cheese crisps for topping, add Mac n cheese to an oven safe dish, top with cheese crisps and put under the broiler for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Green Chile & Bacon Cauliflower Mac n Cheese (low carb, keto)
Buffalo Chicken Cauliflower Mac n Cheese (low carb, keto)
Pimento Cauliflower Mac n Cheese with Bacon (low carb, keto)
Healthier Macaroni and Cheese with Butternut Squash